RAEFORD, N.C. (WNCN) — Deputies with the Hoke County Sheriff’s Office arrested and charged a man Tuesday after an investigation that began in August in which a juvenile was the victim of a sexual assault, officials said.
The incidents took place in June in Raeford, according to a news release from the Hoke County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say that evidence found led to the arrest of Shawn Michael Lima, 34 of Raeford.
Lima is being charged with:
- 11 counts of indecent liberties with a child
- 6 counts of statutory sex offense with a child less than or equal to 15 years of age
- 4 counts of crimes against nature.
- Dissemination obscenity
- Second-degree forceable sex offense
- 7 counts of sexual battery
- 4 counts of disseminating harmful material to minors
Lima was taken into custody without incident and received a $5 million secured bond, according to a news release from the sheriff’s office.