HENDERSON, N.C. (WNCN) – A man was killed and two women were injured in a shooting at a Henderson home Tuesday night, the Vance County Sheriff’s Office said.
The shooting was reported shortly after 8 p.m. at a home near the intersection of Main and David streets. All three people lived in the home together, officials said.
The two women wounded were taken to an area hospital. A “person of interest” has been detained, deputies said.
“I heard four gunshots. I came out of the house and I saw people running away from the scene hollering someone got shot. They’re my friends and neighbors. I went over there and he’s laying there dead. I’m shocked. Like, I said he’s my best friend,” said one neighbor who wished to remain anonymous.
The scene is about a mile from a triple shooting Sunday that left one dead and two injured. Officials don’t believe the two are connected.
The investigation in ongoing. CBS 17 will provide updates as the story develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC State football set to honor small senior class on Saturday
- Dr. Cohen: No COVID-19 virus in vaccine for the disease
- Politicians eat their words after dining out, taking trips during pandemic
- COVID-19 vaccination cards will be issued, health officials say
- NC State men’s basketball to play 11 games at PNC Arena this season