GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – A manhunt is underway in Johnston County after a man crashed into a deputy’s vehicle and other cars on Tuesday night, officials said.
The incident happened around 7:15 p.m. in the area of Interstate 40 west near N.C. 42, according to the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office.
The incident began when a man spotted his stolen truck at a Speedway gas station, officials said.
Deputies were called and when they showed up the suspect, later identified as Jody Marshall Spurling, rammed a deputy’s cruiser, authorities said.
Spurling took off and wrecked in the parking lot of a Pizza Inn at 60 Son-Lan Parkway, hitting more vehicles. Spurling then ran off on foot.
The Wake County Sheriff’s Office is assisting in the search.
Spurling is being sought on charges of assault with a deadly weapon on a government official.
Anyone with information as to the where abouts of Spurling is asked to contact The Johnston County Sheriffs Office at 919-989-5000.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- NASH COUNTY PARENTS DIE WHILE DRIVING TO PICK UP INFANT SON, GRANDMOTHER SAYS
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: JET MAKES ROUGH LANDING AT RDU DURING HIGH WINDS
- GRAPHIC: VIDEO SHOWING DEADLY AMBUSH OF US SOLDIERS IN NIGER RAISES NEW QUESTIONS
- 9TH DEAD DOG FOUND IN RECENT WEEKS IN WILSON COUNTY
- DEPUTIES SEEK HELP FINDING MISSING NC TEEN GIRL