NASHVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A Nash County road is closing for five days so a crossline pipe can be replaced.
North Carolina Department of Transportation crews will be working on Old Spring Hope Road near Old Bailey Highway in Nash County starting at 7 a.m. It is scheduled to reopen Friday, weather permitting.
A detour will send drivers to N.C.-58 and back to Old Spring Hope Road.
Maintenance crews will dig up pavement and replace the drainage pipe.
Old Spring Hope Road is set to be resurfaced and restriped between Old Bailey Highway and Eastern Avenue by the end of 2021.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County leaders strongly discourage door-to-door Halloween trick-or-treating
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Social media scams have cost consumers $117M already this year – Here’s what to look out for
- COVID-19 cluster closes Person County school for in-person learning
- Florida school district investigating claims that cheerleader was forced to kneel during anthem
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now