CASTALIA, N.C. (WNCN) – The Nash County Sheriff’s Office is seeking information on two cars that were seen in the Castalia area Wednesday afternoon. The owners of the vehicles are sought in reference to a suspicious death, the sheriff’s office said.
Deputies were dispatched to the 8300 block of N.C. Highway 58 North in reference to a brush fire.
Upon units arriving at the scene, a black male was found deceased in the area. Investigators say the man appears to be 20-30 years of age but has not been identified.
Both vehicles are sedans. One vehicle is a black Dodge Charger with black rims, the other is a blue in color Hyundai Elantra with Florida tags on it.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Baugham at 252-955-3573.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Norfolk PD officer fired after anonymous donation to Kyle Rittenhouse defense fund
- Bowler adds father’s ashes to ball, rolls perfect game
- Judge makes no decision on bond for SC suspect accused in Capitol riots; FBI claims QAnon ties
- Pres. Biden, VP Harris address nation after Derek Chauvin verdict
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict