WHITAKERS, N.C. (WNCN) – A 26-year-old Rocky Mount man has been arrested in connection with a fatal shooting in Whitakers on Thursday, the Nash County Sheriff’s Office said.
Taquan Devon Stokes, or “TQ,” was arrested Sunday and charged in the shooting death of Jermone Lynch.
Lynch’s body was found by his girlfriend and two small children in the backyard of a home on U.S. 301 in Whitakers, the sheriff’s office said.
Lynch’s girlfriend and the children did not witness the shooting.
The sheriff’s office said Lynch and Stokes were long-time acquaintances and had an ongoing feud – which investigators believe is the motive of the shooting.
Anyone that has any information regarding this case, is asked to contact the Nash County Sheriff’s Office at 252-459-4121.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- Inauguration Day palindrome kicks off a 10-day stretch
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- COVID-19 in NC: Biggest one-day drop in hospitalizations on record
- NC prison system begins giving inmates, staff COVID-19 vaccine