CARTHAGE, N.C. (WNCN) – A Randolph County man is behind bars in Moore County after authorities say he broke into a home and assaulted a person inside over the weekend.
Stevie Lee Garner, 61, of Seagrove, is charged with felony breaking and entering, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, assault on a female, and misdemeanor false imprisonment.
The charges are in connection with an incident that occurred Oct. 17 at a home in the Robbins area.
According to the Moore County Sheriff’s Office, the sheriff’s office received a 911 call reporting an assault in progress at the home. Deputies arrived at the scene and both Garner and the victim were taken to First Health Moore Regional for treatment of injuries.
Garner was later arrested and charged. He is being held in the Moore County Detention Center under a $10,000 secured bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 12.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Late TD, 2nd chance at extra point give Vikings 28-27 edge over Carolina Panthers
- 11 injured in mass shooting at biker bar in Mississippi
- 1 car flips, 2 more damaged in apparent road rage involving pro-Trump drivers and others
- Youths attack, beat parents picking up their daughter at NC mall
- Wisconsin counties finish recount, confirms Biden’s win over Trump