DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, the North Carolina Central Department of Athletics, and the Durham Bulls are partnering to hand out lunches at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Durham and Orange counties.
It’s part of a six-week outreach program that will deliver more than 2,000 professionally prepared meals to local kids.
Wednesday’s event begins at noon at the Boys & Girls Club on Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway in Durham.
Everyone who attends the event will be asked to social distance and wear a mask.
The program ends Oct. 16.
Click here for more information.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 variant found by NC lab could mean trouble for health systems
- 40 Johnston County Public Schools employees receive 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- More than 43,000 sign up for Wake County’s COVID-19 vaccine waitlist
- Registered sex offender arrested on 30 child sex crime charges in Moore County