DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, the North Carolina Central Department of Athletics, and the Durham Bulls are partnering to hand out lunches at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Durham and Orange counties.
It’s part of a six-week outreach program that will deliver more than 2,000 professionally prepared meals to local kids.
Wednesday’s event begins at noon at the Boys & Girls Club on Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway in Durham.
Everyone who attends the event will be asked to social distance and wear a mask.
The program ends Oct. 16.
Click here for more information.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now