HENDERSON, N.C. (WNCN) — A man who was found shot multiple times inside a crashed vehicle on Wednesday evening later died at the hospital, according to the Vance County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies responded to the 100-block of Mansfield Lane near Henderson around 5:48 p.m. in reference to a vehicle crash. Once fire and EMS arrived on scene and pulled the man out of his vehicle, it was discovered that he had been shot multiple times.
The victim was taken to Maria Parham Health where he was pronounced dead at 6:38 p.m., officials said.
The Vance County Sheriff’s Office, along with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, are investigating the fatal incident.
If you have any information about the incident, call the Vance County Sheriff’s Office at (252) 738-2200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
- Man seriously injured after being shot during carjacking in Fayetteville, police say
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now