CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) — A person died in a major crash that closed part of Interstate 40 in Orange County for more than three hours Sunday, officials said.
The crash was reported around 11:15 a.m. near exit 266, which is N.C. 86, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
Traffic was detoured around the crash scene as all westbound lanes were closed in the area, which is about two miles north of Chapel Hill.
The highway reopened around 2:45 p.m.
No other details were available.
- If you haven’t traveled to China recently, you shouldn’t be concerned about the Coronavirus, Duke health experts say
- Examining North Carolina’s impact on past impeachments
- Zion Williamson rejoining Pelicans lineup at pivotal time
- Wake County property values are increasing – here’s what you need to know
- Displaced families upset Durham city leaders take trip to Costa Rica amidst CO crisis