HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A pair of intersections will be converted to an all-way stop design this week in the Town of Hillsborough.
The intersections are on West King Street at Hassel and Wake streets. Right now, the intersections have a two-way stop design.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the new design will improve safety and distance visibility between the two.
Work is expected to begin Monday, but the weather could cause it to be postponed.
Drivers are asked to slow down and expect delays traveling on West King Street when work gets underway.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ECU football player facing felony drug charge; coach announces suspension
- Williams returns, gets shootout goal in Hurricanes’ win over Islanders
- Deputies seek help finding missing NC teen girl
- Woman flown to NC hospital after dog attack; officials investigate dog fighting
- Mahomes’ feet, arms, lift Chiefs to Super Bowl over Titans
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now