HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A pair of intersections will be converted to an all-way stop design this week in the Town of Hillsborough.
The intersections are on West King Street at Hassel and Wake streets. Right now, the intersections have a two-way stop design.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the new design will improve safety and distance visibility between the two.
Work is expected to begin Monday, but the weather could cause it to be postponed.
Drivers are asked to slow down and expect delays traveling on West King Street when work gets underway.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as the week ends
- ‘He’s pretty tore up about it’: NC dad says son who shot own daughter, girlfriend was drunk
- NC city approves $15 minimum wage for all employees – except firefighters
- Raleigh police investigating after man found shot to death just off Wake Forest Road
- Texas father saves 4-year-old daughter from nearly 12-foot alligator
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now