CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — A health care information technology company says it will create 400 jobs through a new operations center in central North Carolina.
Gov. Roy Cooper and Well Dot Inc. announced on Tuesday the investment in Chapel Hill, where the company already keeps one of its two headquarters. The other is in Massachusetts.
Cooper’s office says the center will be the chief location for Well’s clinical and health experts. Software developers, data analysts and corporate personnel also will work there.
Well Dot uses artificial intelligence for a digital platform it can offer employers so their workers can receive personalized treatment and meet their health goals.
The company could receive $3.4 million in payments over 12 years if it meets investment and job-creation goals. A special state committee approved that incentives offer earlier Tuesday.
- Father of 2-year-old beating victim says system failed son, death preventable
- Biden on Afghanistan: ‘Time to end America’s longest war’
- 3 injured, at least 1 critically, after drive-by shootout in High Point
- With 100 days to go, Tokyo scrambles to stage pandemic Olympics
- Texas students punished over ‘slave trade’ on Snapchat