CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – A new parking garage could be coming to downtown Chapel Hill.
The West End parking deck is being considered for W. Franklin Street.
Engineers wrapped up a study which found parking spaces are needed to keep up with growth in downtown.
On Tuesday, Gov. Roy Cooper announced Well, a healthcare IT firm, is adding 400 new tech jobs in Chapel Hill.
According to the town’s agenda, the parking deck will cost about $16 million dollars.
The town manager is expected to consider financing options and set a public hearing on Feb. 12, 2020. It would give the council and public a chance to talk about the project and a parking payment-in-lieu-program.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Uber Eats employee jumps on driver’s hood in attempt to stop him from leaving crash scene
- Husband of crash victim: I miss the little things the most
- 50 U.S. troops hurt in Iranian missile attack, Pentagon now says
- NC man leaves cooler full of snacks out for mail carriers
- Man gets life sentence for crash that killed NC linemen restoring power after Hurricane Michael