CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – A new parking garage could be coming to downtown Chapel Hill.
The West End parking deck is being considered for W. Franklin Street.
Engineers wrapped up a study which found parking spaces are needed to keep up with growth in downtown.
On Tuesday, Gov. Roy Cooper announced Well, a healthcare IT firm, is adding 400 new tech jobs in Chapel Hill.
According to the town’s agenda, the parking deck will cost about $16 million dollars.
The town manager is expected to consider financing options and set a public hearing on Feb. 12, 2020. It would give the council and public a chance to talk about the project and a parking payment-in-lieu-program.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Police investigating after man shot at North Raleigh home
- Family devastated after burglar steals baby’s ashes from home
- Blount lifts NC Central over Christendom College 109-28
- Roanoke Rapids day care owner says she’s heartboken after employees arrested for child abuse
- ‘An Evening with Chevy Chase’ comes to Raleigh; includes ‘Christmas Vacation’ screening
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now