HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An alternate route was set up Saturday night as a crash closed Interstate 85 south in Orange County near N.C. 86, authorities said.
The wreck was reported just after 10 p.m. in the southbound lanes of I-85 near exit 165, which is N.C. 86, according to the North Carolina DOT.
“Motorists are advised to follow directions of on-scene law enforcement,” NCDOT officials said in a traffic alert.
As a detour, drivers should take exit 170 for U.S. 70 West and continue 10 miles. Then, take U.S. 70 Connector to I-40 West/I-85 South in Efland, officials said.
The highway was supposed to be clear by around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
No details about the crash were available from authorities late Saturday night.
- 90-year-old Florida man hits hole-in-one
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- California governor signs law prompted by photo scandal in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Analysis: Team meeting helped Panthers bond, record 1st win
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now