HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An alternate route was set up Saturday night as a crash closed Interstate 85 south in Orange County near N.C. 86, authorities said.
The wreck was reported just after 10 p.m. in the southbound lanes of I-85 near exit 165, which is N.C. 86, according to the North Carolina DOT.
“Motorists are advised to follow directions of on-scene law enforcement,” NCDOT officials said in a traffic alert.
As a detour, drivers should take exit 170 for U.S. 70 West and continue 10 miles. Then, take U.S. 70 Connector to I-40 West/I-85 South in Efland, officials said.
The highway was supposed to be clear by around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
No details about the crash were available from authorities late Saturday night.
- DPAC Prepares to Break More Records in 2020
- Monday, January 27th : DPAC Breaks Records in 2019, Protect Your Tax Refund
- File Early to Protect Your Identity & Tax Refund
- Report: Thousands of dollars worth of items vandalized at SC beach mini golf course
- Man charged, accused of stealing woman’s wallet in Myrtle Beach