HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An alternate route was set up Saturday night as a crash closed Interstate 85 south in Orange County near N.C. 86, authorities said.
The wreck was reported just after 10 p.m. in the southbound lanes of I-85 near exit 165, which is N.C. 86, according to the North Carolina DOT.
“Motorists are advised to follow directions of on-scene law enforcement,” NCDOT officials said in a traffic alert.
As a detour, drivers should take exit 170 for U.S. 70 West and continue 10 miles. Then, take U.S. 70 Connector to I-40 West/I-85 South in Efland, officials said.
The highway was supposed to be clear by around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
No details about the crash were available from authorities late Saturday night.
- Samuel Adams Halloween beer now illegal in 15 states
- 13-year-old reported missing in Cumberland County
- Police: Kentucky man beat sister with pan, killed dad with crossbow
- WATCH: Lady Gaga falls off stage after fan tries to pick her up
- Man spots rare albino raccoon in his yard
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now