HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An alternate route was set up Saturday night as a crash closed Interstate 85 south in Orange County near N.C. 86, authorities said.
The wreck was reported just after 10 p.m. in the southbound lanes of I-85 near exit 165, which is N.C. 86, according to the North Carolina DOT.
“Motorists are advised to follow directions of on-scene law enforcement,” NCDOT officials said in a traffic alert.
As a detour, drivers should take exit 170 for U.S. 70 West and continue 10 miles. Then, take U.S. 70 Connector to I-40 West/I-85 South in Efland, officials said.
The highway was supposed to be clear by around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
No details about the crash were available from authorities late Saturday night.
- Fayetteville, AR police identify officer killed, suspect
- Multiple people hospitalized and two deaths after a violent night in Raleigh
- Police officer executed in shooting in Fayetteville, Arkansas, chief says
- Early Christmas event held for pediatric cancer patients at North Hills in Raleigh
- Police in Morrisville warn of ‘porch pirates’ as deliveries spike ahead of Christmas
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now