DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A crash closed the northbound lanes of Interstate 85 in Orange County Friday night, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
The crash was reported around 9:15 near mile marker 170, which is where I-85 intersects U.S. 70, an NCDOT alert said.
Drivers are instructed to take exit 170 to U.S. 70 business east, continue for three miles, then turn left onto Cole mill Road to re-access I-85 at exit 173.
An NCDOT traffic map noted at least two miles of traffic congestion on I-85 north, as well as significant delays on U.S. 70 business.
No information was available on the crash itself.
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Third-degree murder count against ex-officer in Floyd death could be reinstated
- Trump State Department aide charged with assault at Capitol
- Breast milk of vaccinated mothers may protect babies from COVID-19, study suggests
- UNC-Charlotte professor, school system being sued over sexual misconduct allegations
- NC man charged with abusing 8-week-old baby, deputies say