CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – A gas leak closed a portion of East Franklin Street in downtown Chapel Hill Monday morning, according to town officials.
The source was located and shut off before 9:30 a.m., officials said.
The road was closed between Columbia and Henderson streets. The lead was reported just after 7:30 a.m.
Dominion Energy arrived on scene at about 8 a.m., officials said.
The 100 block of East Franklin Street was closed in both directions, per a 9 a.m. update.
There was no estimated time as to when the leak would be fixed.
CBS 17 will update this story as more information is released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Look up tonight to catch a glimpse of the Strawberry Moon
- Denver police pointed gun at 3 black children, handcuffed unarmed father, attorney says
- Family of six, two cats found dead in Texas garage
- TV station’s chopper crew spots, rescues missing amputee stranded in river
- It’s National Doughnut Day! Here’s where you can score free doughnuts
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now