CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – A gas leak closed a portion of East Franklin Street in downtown Chapel Hill Monday morning, according to town officials.
The source was located and shut off before 9:30 a.m., officials said.
The road was closed between Columbia and Henderson streets. The lead was reported just after 7:30 a.m.
Dominion Energy arrived on scene at about 8 a.m., officials said.
The 100 block of East Franklin Street was closed in both directions, per a 9 a.m. update.
There was no estimated time as to when the leak would be fixed.
CBS 17 will update this story as more information is released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Samuel Adams Halloween beer now illegal in 15 states
- 13-year-old reported missing in Cumberland County
- Police: Kentucky man beat sister with pan, killed dad with crossbow
- WATCH: Lady Gaga falls off stage after fan tries to pick her up
- Man spots rare albino raccoon in his yard
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now