A Chapel Hill resident said he was watching television late Sunday when a tree branch came through his ceiling during strong storms.
The man, who lives near the intersection of Hillsborough and Old Fayetteville roads, said the limb came crashing through at 11:30 p.m.
He says he was five feet away when it happened.
Strong stroms took down trees and power lines across Chapel Hill and Orange County over night.
Power outages affected hundreds across the region.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHILD PLAYING WITH LIGHTER IGNITES DURHAM HOUSE FIRE
- FATHER AND SON DEAD AFTER 'SUSPICIOUS FIRE,' JOHNSTON COUNTY OFFICIALS SAY
- WOMEN FACE CHARGES FOR MAILING DRUGS HIDDEN IN LETTERS TO NC INMATE
- WILD HORSE AT OUTER BANKS HIT AND KILLED BY CAR
- 3 FOUND DEAD IN HOME NEAR LAKE GASTON IN HALIFAX COUNTY
- Fayetteville police investigating after person shot, killed at own home
- Cary holds Facebook town hall to discuss sewer water testing for opioids
- Fayetteville mother mourning loss of 2-year-old girl says 'be aware' after pool accident
- Nearly 30 shots fired as north Raleigh home, car hit by gunfire, neighbor says
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Council votes to accept 2020 RNC bid at special meeting with 100+ speakers
- NC crime lab more advanced since Michael Peterson trial, officials say
- Deputies: Man arrested at NC airport tried to take weed, $28,000 in cash on flight
- NC driver trapped by power lines after crashing into pole