HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Deputies in Orange County are investigating after they say two people were found dead at a residence in Hillsborough.
Deputies say they responded to a suspicious death call on Ramblewood Drive around 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
The bodies of Jennifer Johnson Miles, 59, and Thomas Bradshaw Claytor, 55, were found at the home.
Miles sand Claytor were in a long-term relationship and living at that address together, the sheriff’s office said.
Authorities said the two were found “in the shower area of the bathroom, obviously deceased.” Investigators saw “no signs of an intrusion or a struggle” and “found a firearm between the bodies of Claytor and Miles.”
Both victims had been fatally shot.
An autopsy will be performed to determine the official cause of death.
Anyone who had recent contact with Thomas Claytor or Jennifer Miles, or anyone who has any information about their recent activities, is asked to call Investigator Walter Vila at (919) 245- 2907.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest offering service for Santa Claus to call children
- 3-day ticket blitz, 130 $100 citations for going maskless
- Group hosts celebration of life for Evelyn Boswell, whose mom is charged in her death
- Airlines hope proven cleaning techniques will bring passengers back to flying
- Possibly impaired driver smashes car into Raleigh flower shop, police say