CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) — A motorcyclist died in a crash in Chapel Hill on Sunday afternoon, police say.
The incident was reported just before 2:40 p.m. at the intersection of West Franklin and Mallette streets, according to a news release from Chapel Hill police.
The wreck happened when an SUV collided with a motorcycle.
The motorcyclist died at the scene. The driver and a passenger in the SUV were taken to UNC Hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries, the news release said.
An image from the scene showed a white SUV on the sidewalk and a fire in the street.
Franklin Street was closed until about 6 p.m. between Church and Kenan streets.
No other information was released by police, who added the wreck is under investigation.
- Peloton treadmill could kill small children and pets, consumer agency warns
- Young NC woman dies in collision with tractor-trailer
- SC woman sentenced after DUI crash that killed her 3-year-old daughter
- 100+ march in downtown Raleigh to support transgender rights
- Wake County eliminates waitlist for COVID-19 vaccine amid steady supply of doses