MEBANE, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man was caught and another man fled after an armed robbery of an antique auction gallery in Mebane Friday morning, officials say.
The incident was reported just after 8:55 a.m. at the Mebane Antique Auction Gallery on U.S. Highway 70 West, according to a news release from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
At least one of the two thieves had a pistol and both men assaulted the business owner during the robbery in which “a large amount of cash” was taken, the news release said.
The thieves fled on foot out the back of the business and ran into woods toward Ashbury Square in Mebane.
The business owner was not injured.
A deputy K-9 unit followed the trail of the suspects, officials said.
The K-9 unit then flushed one of the suspects out of the woods toward deputies and Mebane police officers who were stationed on the perimeter of the search area.
Bryce Canyon Emmett Lucas, 23, of Raleigh was charged with armed robbery with a dangerous weapon, second-degree kidnapping, and assault and battery.
His bond was set at $100,000 secured. Lucas will have his first appearance in court at 2 p.m. Monday
The robber who is still at large is about 5 feet 10 inches or 5 feet 11 inches tall. At the time of the robbery, he was wearing a black shirt and black pants, the news release said.
Anyone with information is asked to call him at (919) 245-2939.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Early Christmas event held for pediatric cancer patients at North Hills in Raleigh
- Police in Morrisville warn of ‘porch pirates’ as deliveries spike ahead of Christmas
- NC duo planned to take teen girl from Massachusetts for ‘sexual purposes,’ deputies say
- NC family looking for a home for Christmas after crash knocks car into their house
- Wake Forest community comes together to host event after parade canceled
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now