HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — The search for a missing elderly woman in Orange County came to a sad end on Sunday, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities had been looking for 79-year-old Annette McBroom. She lived on N.C. Highway 10 near Hillsborough and last had contact with her daughter on Jan. 30.
McBroom, who was 5 foot 5 and around 110 pounds, suffered from dementia, had diabetes and was on medication for a heart condition.
A Silver Alert had been issued for McBroom.
According to the sheriff’s office, searchers located McBroom’s body on Sunday and notified her family.
Officials said they have no further information on the case at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rep. Mark Walker announces run for US Senate in 2022
- ‘Not a pop-up’: 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- NewsNation, WGN America coming to YouTube TV in January 2021
- Fayetteville road rage incident leads to assault, police say
- Fayetteville man purchases $20 Loaded ticket, wins last $100,000 prize