CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – We have a traffic alert for drivers in Chapel Hill.
There will be lane closures and delays on E. Rosemary and Church streets Wednesday and Thursday so crews can install colorful crosswalks.
The work will take place between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. One lane in each direction will be closed during the installation. Flaggers will help direct traffic in both directions.
Painted crosswalks were installed in 2016 and 2017 at several locations in downtown Chapel Hill.
According to the town, the goal is to enhance the “walkable nature of the town.” Artists were commissioned to incorporate history and culture.
Click here to learn more about the colorful crosswalks project.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Uber Eats employee jumps on driver’s hood in attempt to stop him from leaving crash scene
- Husband of crash victim: I miss the little things the most
- 50 U.S. troops hurt in Iranian missile attack, Pentagon now says
- NC man leaves cooler full of snacks out for mail carriers
- Man gets life sentence for crash that killed NC linemen restoring power after Hurricane Michael