CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – We have a traffic alert for drivers in Chapel Hill.
There will be lane closures and delays on E. Rosemary and Church streets Wednesday and Thursday so crews can install colorful crosswalks.
The work will take place between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. One lane in each direction will be closed during the installation. Flaggers will help direct traffic in both directions.
Painted crosswalks were installed in 2016 and 2017 at several locations in downtown Chapel Hill.
According to the town, the goal is to enhance the “walkable nature of the town.” Artists were commissioned to incorporate history and culture.
Click here to learn more about the colorful crosswalks project.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hometown heroes honored by Gov. Cooper
- Nashville police, dive team find no evidence after search relating to deadly home invasion
- Panthers QB Newton resting after surgery on injured foot
- Disney security guard shows up ‘buck naked’ to human trafficking sting, 124 arrested, sheriff says
- Durham double shooting leaves one with life-threatening injuries, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now