CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – A large tree on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus fell overnight – hitting Alumni Hall.
The tree fell overnight leaving its roots exposed after two days of off-and-on rain across central North Carolina.
The University said the tree caused minor damage to the Alumni Hall portico.
“We will consult with a licensed contractor to remove the tree in a way that minimizes additional damage,” the school told CBS 17.
Alumni Hall is located next to Morehead Planetarium on Cameron Avenue by McCorkle Place.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 cases continue climbing in US during holiday season
- Hockman, defense carry NC State over Georgia Tech, 23-13
- NC man’s holiday light display includes tribute to law enforcement, health care workers
- Book leads No. 2 Notre Dame past Syracuse to 45-21 victory in home finale
- Hundreds attend Youngsville Christmas parade despite objections from health officials