CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – A large tree on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus fell overnight – hitting Alumni Hall.
The tree fell overnight leaving its roots exposed after two days of off-and-on rain across central North Carolina.
The University said the tree caused minor damage to the Alumni Hall portico.
“We will consult with a licensed contractor to remove the tree in a way that minimizes additional damage,” the school told CBS 17.
Alumni Hall is located next to Morehead Planetarium on Cameron Avenue by McCorkle Place.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Almost half of Republicans say they won’t get COVID vaccine in survey
- After lost dog found, owner says pet rescue won’t give it back
- Arkansas man pleads guilty in death of 1-year-old found in plastic container
- COVID-19 in NC: 2,400+ cases reported; 45% of NC adults have received at least 1 vaccine dose
- Bullet that injured officer during Tennessee shooting was not from student’s handgun, report says