BURLINGTON, N.C. (WGHP) — A Burlington man is accused of forcibly raping a disabled teenager at a North Carolina behavioral health center, according to the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office.
Last Tuesday, deputies received a report of sexual assault involving a 19-year-old disabled woman.
Timothy Lynn Alford, 53, of Burlington, was working at a behavioral health center in Chapel Hill when he raped a client, according to authorities.
The sheriff’s office says a sexual assault kit was collected and sent to the State Bureau of Investigation for testing.
Investigators with the sheriff’s office’s Special Victims Unit interviewed and followed up with multiple employees at the behavioral health center.
Once a search warrant was obtained, deputies collected DNA from Alford’s home.
Alford was arrested Monday.
He is charged with felony second-degree forcible rape and misdemeanor sexual battery.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Activate this ‘hidden’ Facebook feature to protect your account from hackers
- Florida couple accused of starving, locking up 3 teens; 1 teen weighed 50 pounds
- Man ‘freaked out’ after finding snake in lettuce bought at supermarket
- Can police stop drivers over air fresheners?
- Virtual Run in Remembrance kicks off on 14th anniversary of Virginia Tech shooting