ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) — Rocky Mount police are investigating after a 23-year-old man was shot at a home Thursday morning and later died, according to a press release.
Officers responded to a home on the 900-block of Mashie Lane at 1:53 a.m. in reference to a shooting. Once officers arrived at the scene, they located a man who had been shot.
According to police, the victim later died from his injuries.
Police later identified the victim as 23-year-old Jonathan McCrory.
Neighbors told CBS 17 that they heard loud screams and saw flashing lights around 2 a.m.
Anyone with information about this incident, please contact the Rocky Mount Police Department at 252-972-1411, Twin County Crime Stoppers at 252-977-1111 or Text-A-Tip (Text RMPOL) and your message to CRIMES (274637). Your text is completely anonymous.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Second stimulus check: As White House signals support, payments become campaign issue
- Body found at Lake Piru, where officials believe actress Naya Rivera drowned
- 13-year-old shoots younger brother in head after game of ‘cops and robbers’
- Raleigh man killed in shooting at Burlington apartment complex
- 1-year-old in stroller shot dead during cookout outside playground
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now