ROANOKE RAPIDS, N.C. (WNCN) — Police say they have identified a suspect in a kidnapping and robbery that happened Friday at Sheetz in Roanoke Rapids.
The incident happened at the gas station and was posted to social media, but the victim did not contact police, according to a news release from Roanoke Rapids police.
Detectives reached out via social media to the victim who later spoke with investigators, the news release said.
On Monday, after viewing video of the incident, police said they have identified a suspect in the case.
Police said they would be “obtaining warrants for kidnapping and common law robbery.”
The suspect’s name was not released by police, who reminded crime victims to report incidents via 911.
“Please do not wait and post the incident on social media before law enforcement agencies are notified,” the news release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Young girl, woman seriously injured in Durham crash along Page Road
- Rain, cold front coming to NC this week
- NC bar’s liquor permit suspended after multiple shootings, officer punched in face
- Man arrested after 111 mph chase, crash and armed standoff near earlier deadly wreck in Sanford
- Northbound lanes of US 1 near I-540 reopen after vehicle crash