RED SPRINGS, N.C. (WBTW) – Robeson County deputies are investigating after a man was found dead on a road.
Deputies responded to the 1800 block of Mt. Zion Church Road in Red Springs around 2 a.m. Wednesday for a man “laying in the roadway,” the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said in a release. Upon arriving, deputies found Bobby Dean Locklear, 42, dead.
Locklear was wearing blue jeans, a black long-sleeve shirt, and black slide shoes, according to the RCSO. The North Carolina State Highway Patrol also responded.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine the man’s cause of death and the Robeson County Homicide and Criminal Investigations Division is investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the RCSO at 910-671-3100 or 910-671-3170.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Facebook, citing coronavirus misinformation, deletes Trump post
- Nearly all Wayne County schools returning under full remote instruction
- North Carolina’s history with women’s suffrage on the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment
- UNC students concerned after video surfaces of crowded sorority rush party
- Hoke County students recap first day back at school under COVID-19 restrictions
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now