ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) – A Rocky Mount woman won the Carolina Cash 5 jackpot after buying a $1 ticket at an Enfield convenience store, the North Carolina Education Lottery announced Thursday.
Samantha Cooper Bulluck bought the Carolina Cash 5 ticket at the EP Mart located on Glenview Road. She won Saturday’s jackpot worth $342,754.
After required state and federal tax withholdings, she took home $242,499.
Cash 5 is a statewide draw game that gives players the chance to win a jackpot every single night.
The odds of winning a Cash 5 jackpot are one in 962,598.
The Education Lotery says ticket sales from draw games like Cash 5 make it possible for the lottery to raise more than $700 million a year for education. For details on how lottery funds have helped all of North Carolina’s 100 counties, click on the “Impact” section of the lottery’s website.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- AAA tips on how to keep your car running well while unused during pandemic
- Clayton nursing home workers concerned after resident tests positive for COVID-19
- US extends $350B lifeline to small businesses
- Despite beautiful weekend weather ahead, Cooper urges NC residents not to make beach trips