ROXBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – A Roxboro man accused of paying underage boys for sex was released from a hospital Monday and is now in jail, according to Roxboro police Chief David Hess.
Thomas Carl Adler is charged with participating in prostitution of a minor and patronizing a minor for prostitution. The charges stem from accusations made by the four victims who initially came forward, Hess said.
Since CBS 17’s June 19 report on Adler’s charges, two more underage male victims have come forward. More charges are pending, Hess said.
Officials said on June 19 that Adler had voluntarily checked himself into a mental facility in Chapel Hill.
Adler, 32, is the co-owner of the Clarksville Station Restaurant. He is being held at the Person County Jail on a $250,000 secured bond, Hess said.
Latest news from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say