SANFORD, N.C. (WNCN) — A Sanford man has been arrested and charged with several sexual offenses against a child.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, 43-year-old Mario Darrell Williams in Sanford was taken into custody Thursday after the department’s Special Response Team executed a search warrant.
The charges against Williams include:
- One count of statutory rape of a child by an adult,
- Two counts of statutory rape of a child less than 15 years of age,
- Two counts of statutory sexual offense with a child by an adult,
- Four counts of statutory sexual offense with a child less than 15 years of age, and
- One count of indecent liberties with a child
Williams is currently being held in the Lee County Jail on a $4.1 million bond.