ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) — A second man has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a 31-year-old man this past weekend in Rocky Mount.
Michael Jamal Jefferson, 22, of Rocky Mount, was arrested in Wake County Tuesday evening, arrest records show.
He’s charged with first-degree murder in the death of Dominic Antoine Baker.
The incident was reported as a shooting with injuries just before 1:40 a.m. at a home in the 200 block of Kinlaw Court, according to a news release from Rocky Mount police.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found Baker dead from gunshot wounds, police said.
Kaylith Lewis Moore, 20, of Rocky Mount, was arrested shortly after the shooting and charged with first-degree murder.
The case is still under investigation.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Rocky Mount Police Department at 252-972-1411 or Twin County Crime Stoppers at 252-977-1111.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NASA discovers water on the sunlit surface of Moon
- It’s back! How to grab KFC’s fried chicken-scented firelog before it sells out
- New program could help families cover childcare costs in Wake County amid pandemic
- UNC, Duke football given noon kickoff
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Sheetz, Darden Restaurants are hiring
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now