ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) — Some children with special needs or sensory processing differences got a chance to enjoy an afternoon of roller skating in Rocky Mount on Saturday.
The sensory-friendly skate session at Sky-Vue Skateland featured soft music and a small group of participants.
Organizers called it a “No judgment zone where the kids can be themselves.”
This was the first sensory-friendly skating event at the roller-skating rink. Another one is planned for Jan. 9 from 4 to 6 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Florida emergency chief strongly discourages ‘vaccine tourism’ flights
- Border wall disturbs peace at centuries-old cemetery in South Texas, descendant says
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Can’t make it to Memphis? Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?