RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – School systems around the Triangle are announcing closures and delays on Friday following severe weather.
Heavy rains and strong winds swept central North Carolina Thursday afternoon and evening.
A Tornado Watch was in effect for some central North Carolina counties.
- Franklin County Schools
- Lee County Schools
- Person County schools
- Wake County Schools
- Durham Public Schools
- Chapel-Hill Carrboro City Schools
- Johnston County: Two-hour delay
- Halifax County Schools: Two-hour delay
- Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools: Two-hour delay
- Wayne County Schools: Two-hour delay
- Durham Public Schools will not have before-school care.
CBS 17 will continue to update this list throughout the morning.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders heads back to NC ahead of Super Tuesday
- Gibbs scores with 0.1 seconds left, Irish beat BC 62-61
- Hughes scores 25, Syracuse blows out Pittsburgh 72-49
- Clark’s 3-pointer lifts Virginia past Virginia Tech, 56-53
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now