RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – School systems around the Triangle are announcing closures and delays on Friday following severe weather.
Heavy rains and strong winds swept central North Carolina Thursday afternoon and evening.
A Tornado Watch was in effect for some central North Carolina counties.
- Franklin County Schools
- Lee County Schools
- Person County schools
- Wake County Schools
- Durham Public Schools
- Chapel-Hill Carrboro City Schools
- Johnston County: Two-hour delay
- Halifax County Schools: Two-hour delay
- Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools: Two-hour delay
- Wayne County Schools: Two-hour delay
- Durham Public Schools will not have before-school care.
CBS 17 will continue to update this list throughout the morning.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- South Carolina Board of Education disciplined more than 100 teachers in 2020
- Rocky Mount police officers facing federal charges after storming Capitol officially terminated
- Video calls create rise in cosmetic procedures, so called ‘Zoom dysmorphia’
- 16-year-old pilot delivers 5,000 pieces of PPE to West Virginia hospital
- Senators to be sworn in today as articles of impeachment are presented