RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – School systems around the Triangle are announcing closures and delays on Friday following severe weather.
Heavy rains and strong winds swept central North Carolina Thursday afternoon and evening.
A Tornado Watch was in effect for some central North Carolina counties.
- Franklin County Schools
- Lee County Schools
- Person County schools
- Wake County Schools
- Durham Public Schools
- Chapel-Hill Carrboro City Schools
- Johnston County: Two-hour delay
- Halifax County Schools: Two-hour delay
- Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools: Two-hour delay
- Wayne County Schools: Two-hour delay
- Durham Public Schools will not have before-school care.
CBS 17 will continue to update this list throughout the morning.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Initiative closes off some streets in Durham to give residents more space outdoors
- Phones, email still out after ‘cyber incident’ hits Chatham County government, officials say
- American Cancer Society still fighting cancer during pandemic
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center set to reopen
- Against Virginia, UNC hopes run game continues with offensive line providing key help
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now