RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – School systems around the Triangle are announcing closures and delays on Friday following severe weather.
Heavy rains and strong winds swept central North Carolina Thursday afternoon and evening.
A Tornado Watch was in effect for some central North Carolina counties.
- Franklin County Schools
- Lee County Schools
- Person County schools
- Wake County Schools
- Durham Public Schools
- Chapel-Hill Carrboro City Schools
- Johnston County: Two-hour delay
- Halifax County Schools: Two-hour delay
- Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools: Two-hour delay
- Wayne County Schools: Two-hour delay
- Durham Public Schools will not have before-school care.
CBS 17 will continue to update this list throughout the morning.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man charged in 2008 deadly home invasion in Robeson County surrenders, deputies say
- Group, residents push for land to build affordable housing in historic Durham community
- Kentucky basketball player Terrence Clarke dies in LA car crash
- Police investigating after man shot to death at Fayetteville home
- Study: I-85 among top 30 ‘Deadliest Roads’ in the U.S.