SANFORD, N.C. (WNCN) — A suspect was wounded in a shootout during an attempted robbery on Thanksgiving Eve in Harnett County, officials say.
The incident was reported Wednesday just after 11 p.m. at 200 Pine Haven Drive near Sanford, according to a news release from Harnett County Sheriff Wayne Coats.
A person was visiting the home when two men got out of a car that arrived and tried to rob the visiting person, the news release said.
During a shootout between the suspects and the victim, one suspect was hit by gunfire, according to the news release.
Maurice McLain, 26, of Cameron, who is facing several charges, suffered a gunshot wound.
Donovan Jonte’ Powell, 18, Devin Yusuf Bayan Hamid, 19, both of Georgia and Michael Lance McLean, 18, of Lillington were also detained and charged, deputies said.
All four were charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon and shooting into an occupied conveyance.
Powell, McLean and Hamid are in the Harnett County Detention Center under $225,000 secured bonds each.
McLain remains in a regional hospital as of Monday, deputies said. He is also facing a charge of possession of a firearm by a felon.
- Wayne County woman gets free HVAC system from ‘Warm Hearts, Warm Home’ contest
- Florida man arrested for possession of child pornography, video voyeurism
- Florida deputies arrest man for pointing laser at pilots
- Younger generations are lonelier and social media doesn’t help, survey finds
- Raleigh man starting from scratch after safe containing his life savings is stolen