SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WNCN) – Harnett County deputies are investigating a bank robbery that happened Tuesday afternoon in Spring Lake, according to a news release.
Deputies responded to the First Bank at 3210 Ray Road just after 3:15 p.m. A man gave a note to the teller with instructions, then brandished a black semi-automatic handgun, the release said.
There was no information on if any money was taken.
Shortly after the report of the bank robbery, the man was seen running south on Ray Road. Troopers and deputies were in the area quickly and used bloodhounds to track him, but were unsuccessful. The track ended abruptly several hundred yards from the bank, the release said.
At the time of the robbery, the suspect was seen wearing a surgical mask, gloves, a light blue Nike hat with a white “swoosh” on the front, a dark blue jacket, and khaki pants, the release said.
Overhills High, Middle, and Elementary schools were all placed on lockdown. That status has since been lifted, the release said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Elmore with the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office at 910-893-0154 or the anonymous tip line at 910-893-0300.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Salvation Army of Wake County in need of donations for Angel Tree program
- FBI asks for nationwide help in identifying man who may have information in child sexual exploitation case
- Here’s the reality behind Trump’s claims about mail voting
- Titans vs. Steelers game postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests
- Gang-affiliated Durham man charged in connection with ‘staggering’ amount of stolen property, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now