TARBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — The Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office says they are assisting school officials at Tarboro High School after the school was placed on lockdown.
Deputies say the lockdown is due to “reported suspicion” and ask citizens to avoid the area, according to a Facebook post.
There is no official word on what caused the lockdown or how long the lockdown will be in place.
This story will be updated.
- Stranger helps save shooting victim in Greensboro
- 21 Savage launches free online financial program for youth
- Mix up an immunity-boosting cocktail perfect for summer, recipe
- Herman Cain treated for COVID-19 after attending Trump rally
- Thursday, July 2nd : Try this immune-boosting summer cocktail recipe
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now