TARBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — The Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office says they are assisting school officials at Tarboro High School after the school was placed on lockdown.
Deputies say the lockdown is due to “reported suspicion” and ask citizens to avoid the area, according to a Facebook post.
There is no official word on what caused the lockdown or how long the lockdown will be in place.
This story will be updated.
- Hometown heroes honored by Gov. Cooper
- Nashville police, dive team find no evidence after search relating to deadly home invasion
- Panthers QB Newton resting after surgery on injured foot
- Disney security guard shows up ‘buck naked’ to human trafficking sting, 124 arrested, sheriff says
- Durham double shooting leaves one with life-threatening injuries, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now