RAEFORD, N.C. (WNCN) – A 17-year-old boy was shot while he was asleep in Hoke County on Wednesday morning, the sheriff’s office said.
Deputies responded to the home along Old Maxton Road outside of Raeford around 2 a.m. Wednesday. The victim was in his bedroom when he was struck by a bullet. His father and grandparents were home at the time of the shooting, the sheriff’s office said.
Investigators tried to interview the juvenile victim but he was in surgery and was having a hard time communicating, they said.
The Hoke County Sheriff’s Office didn’t have any information on a suspect.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- UNC, Duke plan for in-person graduation ceremonies — but Duke will only allow seniors to attend
- Study: Employment rose among those in free money experiment
- Texas family devastated after beloved dog shot in head, left in ditch
- UNC Health clinic treats COVID-19 long haulers
- Here’s why you shouldn’t compare efficacy numbers for the 3 COVID-19 vaccines