SANFORD, N.C. (WNCN) — A teen is wanted on charges of “going armed to the terror of the public” after a Fayetteville man was shot Friday in Harnett County, officials said.
The shooting was reported just after 3 p.m. along Fox Wood Drive in the Carolina Hills subdivision in Sanford, according to a news release from the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office.
An 18-year-old man from Fayetteville had already been taken to Central Carolina Hospital in Sanford after he was shot in the upper arm, the release said.
Caleb Xavier Henderson, 17, of Washington Lane in Cameron is sought in the shooting, officials said.
Deputies said that although Henderson has not been captured several charges have been filed against him, including assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and possession of a handgun by a minor.
If anyone knows about Henderson’s location, they should call Detective Beasley at 910-893-0151 or an anonymous tip-line at 910-893-0300.
- NC teen, store clerk charged after 2 injured in DWI crash, officials say
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
- ALERT: Thunderstorm Watch issued ahead of Friday severe storms
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now