HARNETT COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities are investigating after three people were found deceased inside a vehicle parked behind a home in Bunnlevel early Saturday morning.
Officers responded to the home at 242 Nutgrass Road around 7:30 a.m.
The victims have been identified as 27-year-old Brittany Shaw of Spring Lake; 31-year-old Laketa Vinston of Bunnlevel and 44-year-old Ervin Bass of Bunnlevel.
According to authorities, the preliminary investigation indicates the three died as a result of a drug overdose.
An autopsy will be performed on each victim.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office at 910-893-9111.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC police officer, suspect injured in officer-involved shooting
- Biden calls Trump ‘an absolute fool’ for mocking masks during pandemic
- NC rural health care systems struggle as COVID-19 pandemic continues
- VIDEO: Durham firefighters use jaws of life to get man out of SUV that crashed into tree
- SpaceX set to launch NASA astronauts to orbit in historic private spaceflight
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now