RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Saturday there was a near drowning involving a toddler in Raleigh and a pool incident in Durham in which a boy was found face-down in the water, officials say.
The first incident happened just before 6 p.m. in Durham at the apartment pool at Clairmont at Hillandale Apartments at 2101 Bertland Ave., Durham police said.
A 10-year-old boy was in the pool with other people when someone noticed he was face down in the water, according to police.
The boy was taken to a nearby hospital and was stable Saturday night, Durham police said.
The Raleigh incident happened just after 8 p.m. at the pool at Village at Town Center at 4110 Wake Hills Lane, Raleigh police said.
In that case, a toddler boy ended up in the apartment pool.
He was pulled from the pool, rushed to the hospital and is expected to recover, according to police.
- Boston College blows past NC State, 45-24
- VIDEO: Driver crashes head-on into van, witnesses keep him from leaving scene
- 600 turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Tornadoes damage Florida homes as Nestor moves ashore
- ‘Great-Granddaddy’ of UNC Athletics dies at age 99
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now