RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Saturday there was a near drowning involving a toddler in Raleigh and a pool incident in Durham in which a boy was found face-down in the water, officials say.
The first incident happened just before 6 p.m. in Durham at the apartment pool at Clairmont at Hillandale Apartments at 2101 Bertland Ave., Durham police said.
A 10-year-old boy was in the pool with other people when someone noticed he was face down in the water, according to police.
The boy was taken to a nearby hospital and was stable Saturday night, Durham police said.
The Raleigh incident happened just after 8 p.m. at the pool at Village at Town Center at 4110 Wake Hills Lane, Raleigh police said.
In that case, a toddler boy ended up in the apartment pool.
He was pulled from the pool, rushed to the hospital and is expected to recover, according to police.
- US basketball loses to France, 25-game Olympic win streak ends
- Russians top Biles, Americans in gymnastics qualifying
- History made: Anastasija Zolotic becomes first Team USA woman to win taekwondo gold
- ‘Garden of the Phoenix’ displays history of US-Japan relations
- ‘Ridge of death’ heat dome expected to scorch much of the US