LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A traffic stop resulted in a Robeson County man being arrested for numerous drug charges and possession of an AR-15 rifle by a felon, according to a news release from the sheriff’s office.
Alejandro Acevedo, 23, of Fairmont was arrested Tuesday after a traffic stop near the intersection of Wire Grass and Little Rod roads. Deputies found Xanax pills, heroin, fentanyl, suboxone strips, drug paraphernalia, and an AR-15. Additional drug paraphernalia was seized after searching his home, deputies said.
Acevedo was charged with possession with intent to sell or deliver heroin; possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a schedule II and IV controlled substance; possession of marijuana up to a half ounce; possession of drug paraphernalia; and possession of a firearm by a felon.
Acevedo is being held at the Robeson County Detention Center on a $300,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Disabled Durham veteran’s wheelchair ramp destroyed by drunk driver, police say
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- Wake County to offer more free COVID-19 drive-thru testing at Sunnybrook parking deck
- Trump to hold Fayetteville rally Saturday, his 4th visit in as many weeks to NC
- NC couple holds ‘SteelPanther Bowl’ football-themed wedding