SANFORD, N.C. (WNCN) – Two 15-year-old boys were arrested after Sanford police said they shot another teen multiple times on Sunday.
Around 10:45 p.m., officers responded to the area of Seventh and McIver streets after several gunshots were heard, police said.
A 17-year-old boy was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to his lower body.
He was flown to Duke University Medical Center for treatment.
Sanford police said two 15-year-old boys were taken into custody and charged on juvenile petitions with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
They are currently in the custody of the North Carolina Department of Public Safety.
The condition of the victim was not immediately available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Government offers plan to release more endangered red wolves in North Carolina
- Rockets hit Iraq airbase hosting US troops
- Black market for marijuana still thriving even as more states legalize it for medicinal, recreational use
- No fans from abroad for postponed Tokyo Olympics, report says
- Bowl bought for $35 at yard sale turns out to be artifact worth up to $500,000