FRANKLINTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Five people were hospitalized and a major road was closed after a crash Friday night in Franklin County, troopers said.
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol said two vehicles were traveling south of U.S. 401 near Airport Road. One tried to pass the other, but crashed head-on with another vehicle.
There were four people in the car attempting the pass and one in the other. All five were taken to the hospital. One person was trapped and had to be extricated, troopers said.
The crash remains under investigation. Troopers anticipated improper passing charges for the vehicle attempting to make a pass.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- U.S. Marshals searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in NC
- President Trump targeting rural voters in recent NC campaign stops
- ALERT DAY: Zeta remnants bring severe weather, wind to NC Thursday