HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — U.S. 70 near Hillsborough was closed for several hours Sunday night after a deputy-involved crash, officials said.
The wreck, which involved an Orange County deputy, was reported around 9:30 p.m. along U.S. 70 near Linden Road.
No one was injured in the wreck, which happened east of Hillsborough, officials said.
U.S. 70 was expected to reopen by 11:35 p.m., according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation. The road finally reopened just before 12:30 a.m. Monday.
- NC man charged with murder in mobile home park shooting
- Clayton girl’s accidental shooting calls attention to the dangers of children and firearms
- NC native Lara Trump to visit Raleigh, Orange County on Monday and Tuesday
- Trump’s tax revelation could tarnish image that fueled rise
- Raleigh police chief says ‘more arrests coming’ after downtown protests lead to damage, vandalism
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now