HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — U.S. 70 near Hillsborough was closed for several hours Sunday night after a deputy-involved crash, officials said.
The wreck, which involved an Orange County deputy, was reported around 9:30 p.m. along U.S. 70 near Linden Road.
No one was injured in the wreck, which happened east of Hillsborough, officials said.
U.S. 70 was expected to reopen by 11:35 p.m., according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation. The road finally reopened just before 12:30 a.m. Monday.
- ‘Don’t be alarmed’: NC police department tests new blue light policy for patrol vehicles
- Far-right groups becoming more localized in North Carolina
- South Carolina woman charged with murdering husband released from jail on bond
- Widow of congressman-elect who died of COVID-19 complications can run for his seat
- Biden ordering stopgap relief as talks start on big stimulus plan