RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Just two days after President Trump visited the Triangle, Vice President Mike Pence appears to be headed to the area.
Pence is planning a trip Wednesday to Thales Academy in Apex, according to parents who received notification. He plans to visit the kindergarten through fifth-grade portion of the school.
The private school reopened last week with in-person learning.
School leaders say they implemented additional safety guidelines for the academic year which include, staggered class change times, social distancing, prohibiting mass gatherings and sharing school supplies.
Students are also expected to follow state and city mandates when it comes to wearing a face mask.
Monday, Trump visited a Morrisville company that is involved in the COVID-19 vaccine efforts.
- World’s whitest paint could eliminate need for home air conditioning
- Knightdale firefighter paddling to honor first responders, Clayton firefighter who died from COVID-19
- Man injured after his car is shot into while driving in Durham, police say
- What we know about Faith Hedgepeth murder suspect Miguel Salguero-Olivares
- Oregon school ‘dismayed’ by student’s racist comments in online ‘slave trade’ group