RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Just two days after President Trump visited the Triangle, Vice President Mike Pence appears to be headed to the area.
Pence is planning a trip Wednesday to Thales Academy in Apex, according to parents who received notification. He plans to visit the kindergarten through fifth-grade portion of the school.
The private school reopened last week with in-person learning.
School leaders say they implemented additional safety guidelines for the academic year which include, staggered class change times, social distancing, prohibiting mass gatherings and sharing school supplies.
Students are also expected to follow state and city mandates when it comes to wearing a face mask.
Monday, Trump visited a Morrisville company that is involved in the COVID-19 vaccine efforts.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Montana guide dies after grizzly bear mauling near Yellowstone
- These North Carolina cities rank among the deadliest in the US
- 19-year-old mother charged with murder of 2-month-old baby in Tennessee
- Several shots fired at man sitting in vehicle, seriously injuring him, Durham police say
- Capitol police officer Brian Sicknick died of 2 strokes, natural causes after Jan. 6 riot, medical examiner says