RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Vice President Mike Pence will pay a visit to the Triangle on Wednesday – just two days after President Donald Trump came to the area.
Pence will visit Thales Academy in Apex. The private school reopened last week with in-person learning.
Pence will take part in a round table discussion on the school’s plan to safely reopen.
School leaders say they implemented additional safety guidelines for the academic year which include staggered class change times, social distancing, prohibiting mass gatherings and sharing school supplies.
Pence will then go to the NCBiotech Center in Research Triangle Park. The White House says phase three trials for a coronavirus vaccine are being conducted there.
Monday, Trump visited a Morrisville company that is involved in the COVID-19 vaccine efforts.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Robeson County deputy cited in crash involving his patrol car
- Woman participates in COVID-19 trial so she can hug her grandchildren again
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties, other gatherings
- Chapel Hill PD taking calls, but not enforcing CDC/state COVID-19 guidelines
- Crash involving tree across the road closes section of US-70 in Hillsborough