RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — One person is dead and two people are injured following a crash on Hammond Road in Raleigh on Thursday morning, police said.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the crash occurred around 11:35 a.m. on northbound Hammond Road between Rush Street and Interstate 40.
The crash involved two vehicles. One of those vehicles ended up in the woodline, Raleigh police said. All northbound lanes of Hammond Road are closed as authorities investigate the crash and clean up debris that is scattered across the road.
Police said that one person was pronounced dead at the scene and two others were taken to the hospital for treatment. The deceased person was not in the vehicle that ended up in the woods, according to officials.
All traffic on northbound Hammond Road was diverted onto Rush Street, police said. The road was reopened just before 4 p.m.
Police said it’s too early to determine if any charges will be filed or to identify the deceased person.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hospital lets parents watch their NICU baby 24/7 through cameras
- Family’s dog stabbed 6 times by police officer
- Petition calls on NBA to change logo in honor of Kobe Bryant
- Woman claims man watched her use restroom at PNC Arena during UFC event
- China counts 106 virus deaths as US, others move to evacuate