RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — One person died in a two-vehicle crash in Raleigh on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
The crash was reported just after 5:10 p.m. in the 3600 block of Jones Sausage Road, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
“The driver of one vehicle was transported (to a hospital) but did not survive his injuries,” the news release said.
Two people in the other car were taken to a nearby hospital with serious injuries, police said.
As police investigate the wreck, the westbound lanes of Jones Sausage Road at Auburn Church Road are blocked.
“Motorists are advised to find alternate routes,” the news release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pence campaigns to enthusiastic crowd at Wilson County rally
- Wake Forest wins 4th straight, overpowering Syracuse 38-14
- Williams scores 2 TDs, Notre Dame stifles Georgia Tech 31-13
- Police use pepper spray, arrest 8 demonstrators at Graham voting rally
- Possible abduction reported in Fayetteville after teen girl seen forced into car, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now