RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — One man was shot and seriously injured at an apartment complex near Triangle Town Center on Friday morning, according to Raleigh police.
Police responded to the 4200-block of Tristone Falls Avenue around 4:10 a.m. in reference to a shooting call. More than a dozen officers responded to the scene.
Tristone Falls Avenue is located at the Village at Town Center apartment complex, which is down the street from the mall and directly across from the Poyner Place shopping center.
Police said the victim is a 21-year-old man and he was transported to WakeMed with serious injuries after he was shot in the leg.
It’s not known at this time if the victim was shot inside an apartment or outside.
Raleigh police have charged Shabree Shaquile Odell Shorter, 25, with discharging a weapon into an occupied property causing serious bodily injury and possession of a stolen firearm.
He is being held in the Wake County Detention Center without bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pentagon puts military police on alert to go to Minneapolis
- Protest over George Floyd’s death planned in Raleigh Saturday afternoon
- 2 hospitalized after chlorine leak near 2 Raleigh nursing homes
- Car crash closes Glenwood Ave. at Raleigh’s Five Points, police say
- Charlotte police declare George Floyd protest an ‘unlawful assembly’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now