RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A child was shot in the leg in downtown Raleigh Sunday afternoon, police said.
The incident was reported around 5:10 p.m. in the 400 block of Dorthea Drive, according to Raleigh police.
A caller to 911 reported that someone had been shot. Police arrived at the scene and found the victim, who had a leg injury, police said.
The victim, later identified only as a juvenile male, was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, according to police.
Officers were at nearby apartments with crime scene tape up around the area.
Police later said the boy did not suffer life-threatening injuries.
No information about a possible suspect was available.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives in the shooting investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hospital nurse boycotts Harris Teeter until store enforces mask mandate
- Alabama diver hooked while diving, reeled to the surface
- New swine flu with “pandemic potential” explained
- Butner inmates drop COVID-19 lawsuit
- ‘No thank you, Dr. Fauci.’ Texas Lt. Gov. Patrick says he won’t listen to nation’s top COVID-19 expert